Sean O’Malley doubts he will fight on the UFC’s planned White House card after receiving no call from the promotion.
UFC president Dana White said matchmakers had already begun finalising bouts for the June 14 event.
Only six or seven fights are expected, creating intense competition for places.
O’Malley admitted the lack of contact worries him, even though the event is months away.
He said he has “heard nothing” from the UFC about appearing on the show.
A title rematch with Petr Yan would have been a natural choice for the card.
That option depends on the championship situation involving Merab Dvalishvili.
Waiting for that outcome could cost O’Malley a place in Washington.
Another possible opponent is Umar Nurmagomedov.
His team says O’Malley is not avoiding the matchup.
Despite being one of the promotion’s biggest stars, O’Malley now faces uncertainty.
The limited number of fights means even top contenders may miss the historic event.
